You are here, which means you want to know how we made this website and what themes and plugins we use?
You are not the only one who wants to know about this, many people want to know about the plugins and tools we use to run Mozedia site.
We are often asked to recommend the best plugins and services. That’s why we created the “Mozedia Blueprint”, which tells you about all the tools, plugins, and services we use on this site.
In building Mozedia, We’ve done a lot of testing and used many plugins and tools to find the best one, and finally, results are here in front of you.
If you are going to build a website, this list will share some useful tools that can help you. Or, if you’re just curious about what we’re using, you can enjoy a behind-the-scenes look.
So let’s start knowing,
We use a self-hosting WordPress blogging platform to build this site, which is the world’s largest blogging platform.
According to W3Techs, WordPress powers 42.5% of all the websites on the Internet. We use the free, open-source WordPress software (wordpress.org) rather than wordpress.com.
Because self-hosted WordPress can be hosted on any web hosting, wordpress.com comes with its own hosting plans and has many limitations.
You will get detailed information about it here, Which Is Better: WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
Although there are many blogging platforms, but we always recommend using WordPress because no one offers this type of freedom and flexibility to customize your site.
Web hosting is a service that allows you to post websites or web pages on the Internet. In short, web hosting is the home of your website where your website thrives.
At Mozedia, we use DigitalOcean cloud hosting. However, this is an unmanaged hosting version and can be difficult for newbies.
That’s why we recommend beginners to use its managed version Cloudways, which is also the best and offers some extra features.
DigitalOcean’s 99.99% uptime makes it the most reliable hosting provider and the true price of its plan also makes it valuable.
If you ask us for the best WordPress hosting recommendations, then we would recommend these hosting providers.
Website Design (Theme)
We use a self-designed child theme (called Mozedia theme), which we built based on the Genesis framework, which is the most used framework on WordPress.
- See this for more, Why We use Genesis Framework?
Unfortunately, this theme is not available for download or sale. We developed it only for use on our personal sites.
If you are looking for similar high-quality WordPress themes/templates, check out themes from these companies.
- StudioPress: They provide Genesis Framework, which is the most popular, simple and fastest framework for WordPress.
- Elegant Themes: They are known for their professional featured themes, their Divi theme is the best & most popular.
- Astra Theme: This is the fastest, lightest and highly customizable WordPress theme, whose free version is very popular.
Currently, Genesis, Divi, and Astra are the top WordPress themes and the number of users using them is constantly increasing.
Need help choosing a best WordPress theme? See this guideline, How to Choose a Best WordPress Theme for your Blog?
Now it comes to talking about the plugins that we use on this site, which are as follows,
- Yoast SEO: We use this plugin to improve our on-page SEO by adding title tag, meta description, XML sitemap.
- Akismet: we use this plugin to combat spam comments.
- WPForms: We use this plugin to create contact forms, they provide drop & drag features, which is awesome.
- Classic Editor: This plugin allows to easily switch between Classic Editor and Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Table of Contents Plus: We use this plugin to automatically create a table of contents (TOC) for long pages.
- Title and Nofollow For Links: This plugins allows us to easily add Nofollow tag to external URL in post editor.
- Members: This plugin allows us to add new roles and set different permissions for users.
- Easy WP SMTP: We use this plugin for WordPress email delivery and SMTP Mail setup.
- Updraft Plus: We use this plugin to create automatic backups.
- Cloudflare: we use cloudflare for CDN and DDoS protection.
- ThirstyAffiliates: We use ThirstyAffiliates to manage all of our affiliate link cloaking.
- Bitly’s: We use this plugin to generate short links automatically.
- Subscribe to Comments Reloaded: we use this plugin to allow our users to subscribe to comments.
Tools & Services
Running a content-sharing site requires a lot of research and a lot of tools to research. And many third-party services are required for additional features.
For this, we use many tools and services, some of which are as follows.
- Ahrefs: We use it to analyze a website’s link profile, keyword rankings and SEO health. We also use it for keyword research for a variety of different search engines.
- Semrush: Semrush is a really solid SEO tool that gives us all the important data we need for a successful SEO project.
- Mailchimp: We use this service for email marketing, it provides a great user-interface to send emails, manage customers, set up great tracking and autoresponders.
- Canva: We use it for graphic design, photo editing, making videos. It provides professionally designed templates.
At last, here are all the tools, products & services we found most useful in managing and developing Mozedia.
We hope that they will help you as much as they helped us!