Every blogger wants more traffic on your blog. You want also If yes then read this article carefully and Setting up your blogger blog would like to better search ranking. You want to help your reader finding your blog then you need to make your blog SEO friendly and allow the search engine to list your blog. In this post, I talk about blogger settings feature complete guide to set up all option. You can follow below step and help people to find your blog easily.
There are we talks about “How I set up my blogger blog setting and how I help people to find my blog easily” in this tutorial. I sure you like this and want to follow for getting more traffic on your site. Blogspot is a free blogging platform and easy to use. Every new blogger can handle it. But sometimes newbie blogger can mistake in setting up the blogger blog.
Blogger setting is most important to hide and show your blog in search engine. You can both hide and allow your blog information to search engine. I suggest you allow search engine list your blog all post and pages.
How To Setting Up Blogger Blog To Help People Find Your Blog – Blogspot Settings Information
1. Help people find your blog:
- Title: Add your blog name 30 to 50 characters.
- Description: Add your blog description less 500 characters. You can add here some keywords related your site. Example, I have written about blogging, SEO, and social networking marketing tips then I add my blog description below image.
- Privacy: If you want to search engine index your blog content then select both option “Add your blog to our listings?” and “Let search engines find your blog”.
How to allow search engines list your blog:
- Go to blogger.com and Sign in.
- Select the blog drop down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click Settings >> Basic.
- In Privacy, click Edit.
- Select Yes for both options.
- Click Save changes.
2. Manage SEO in Your Blogger Blog:
If you want to get more traffic for your blog from google search engines then you can manage search engine preferences for your blog. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps increase traffic to your blog by making it show up higher in search results.
Follow that SEO options:
- Go to blog dashboard and select drop down menu.
- Click on settings >> search preferences.
- There are three feature meta tags, Errors and redirections, Crawlers and indexing. (If you use incorrect settings, your blog may not be found by search engines.)
1. Meta Tags Description: Meta tags helps search engines to know about your blog information as author, language, country and what you sharing on your blog. You can read more details on this guide. How to use meta tags in Blogspot blog.
2. Errors and redirections: This feature helps you to make redirection for your blog error 404 page not found a page.
3. Crawlers and indexing: What information do you have to your blog in the search engines and what not to show. In this feature, you can set hide and show content setting for search engines and hide your personal information by robot.txt files.
Here you can set up that all options of Crawlers and indexing:
- Write a description for your blog: Meta tags description appears under your link in the results of a search engine.
- Hide pages and links from search: You can list pages or posts that you don’t want search engines to find.
- Redirect a URL: You can redirect URLs from your blog to new posts or pages.
- Change Page not found: You can add a personalized 404 page for your blog.
- Make your images searchable: You can make your images searchable and accessible for visually impaired readers. you can add “alt” (short description of the image) and “title” (long description of the image) attributes to your images.
- Hide headers from search engines: You can tell search engine crawlers if there are sections of your blog that you don’t want them to display.
- Change how your links appear: You can change the URL that links to your blog posts to a URL that’s easier for search engines to find.
3. How To Use Custom Robots Header Tag in Blogger:
Here is a screenshot image, which explains all the directives under Blogger custom Robots header tag:
- All: There are no restrictions for indexing or serving. Note: – This directive is the default value and has no effect if explicitly listed.
- Noindex: Do not show this page in a search engine and do not show a “Cached” link in search results.
- Nofollow: Do not follow links this page.
- None: Equivalent to index, follow.
- No archives: Do not show a “Cached” link in search results.
- Nosnippet: Do not show snippet in the search results for this page.
- Good: Do not use metadata from the open directory project for titles or snippets shown on this page.
- Now translate: Do not offer translation for this page in search results.
- Noimageindex: D not index images on this page.
- Unavailable_after: Do not show this page in search results after the specified DateTime.
In above points, I told you all about of this features option meanings. Now you can simply set custom Robots header tag and make your blog better search engine friendly.
Well, now you will set up easily blogger all SEO settings. If you any question about this setup guide then feel free and leave a comment in below comment box. I suggest you all blog spot blog user to use a custom domain in your blog.
Custom domain gives you better search ranking feature that you enjoy with getting higher traffic from search engine. If you have any other information about this topic then don’t miss yourself, You can share your thoughts in comments.
If you may like this post as useful information then share this post on social media sites and also share with your friends.